Sunday, August 15, 2010

Elder Buchkovich


Alex is now an official missionary of The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. That means no TV, no internet, no text messages, and no girls, except of course his Mom, for the next two years. It was an exciting day but also a bit sad. He leaves on Tuesday for the MTC in Provo. It was a very spiritual and touching blessing he received from our stake president. His farewell talk this morning at Church was very good. Two of his high school friends and his Grandma were also there, and that made it even more special. The Bishop called on me, his Mom, to bear my testimony at the end of the meeting. I was so caught off guard that my mind went blank for a minute and I did not know what to say. However, I recovered enough to bear my testimony of the gratitude that I have that Alex is going on his mission..

No comments:

Post a Comment