Saturday, November 19, 2011

Baptismal Interviews

¡Hola!

Training is way more fun that I thought. I am learning so much from my new companion. Élder González is amazing! You can feel the Spirit quite strongly with him. He already teaches really well and always has wonderful insight during companionship study. At times I honestly feel like he is training me, not vice versa. He will be a great missionary. This week I am going to focus on helping him make more contacts. The ward already loves him, and with more contacts in the street we will have a flood of new investigators from members and our own efforts....all thanks to Élder González!!! Also with the new 12 week in field training program, we have 2 hours of companionship study instead of one. it is AMAZING.

On Saturday I gave my first two baptismal interviews. Our district leader had two baptims yesterday. However the zone leaders could not come up to perform the interviews. Thus President authorized me to do them. It was a new experience for me. I enjoyed this opportunity a lot.

Prayer never seems to fail me. On Thursday we had a visit with one of the families we have been teaching. I absolutely love teaching this family. They are wonderful (and Bolivian)! However sadly, they are progressing quite slowly. During the visit they weakly committed to attending church. And afterwards, we felt that sadly we would have to stop visiting this family as often. Thus for fast Sunday, I fasted specifically for them. And Saturday night before bed, I pleaded with Heavenly Father to help them come to church. The prayer was answered. The dad and two of the children came to church!

¡Hasta luego!

Love,
Elder Buchkovich

No comments:

Post a Comment