Monday, September 27, 2010

Crazy Week

Hola!

This week has been pretty crazy. It's been quite an emotional rollercoaster! Things didn't go so well with the tripanionship. We weren't progressing much together. There were a lot of mornings where we wouldn't say much to each other. No bueno! At one point Elder Taufa and I got into a dispute where he yelled at me. Luckily Elder Tholen came in before I could go off on him. Needless to say things weren't going well.

Luckily, the Lord blesses his servants. Whenever I was feeling down about the tripanionship, the Lord would always find some way to cheer me up, whether it was through soccer, other Elders randomly telling me to cheer up, etc. One day Hermano Petersen was talking about the tender mercies of the Lord. I listened to wat he said and really tried to look for the tender mercies in my life. It is filled with tender mercies!! I could hardly stay mad when i thought about my many blessings. Another thing that kept me going was the Church website. They have these video clips callled "Mormon Messages." I suggest EVERYONE watch them. They are amazing. Usually they're clips from general conference set to music and pictures, etc. These always cheered me up. I even received some personal inspiration about faith, hope, and charity. I don't have enough time to give my new insight on the three subjects. But to put it simply as way to show my faith and have charity in my heart, I'm going to try live my life with a more positive attitude and be less of a pessimist. If it weren't for my companionship troubles I wouldnt have received this new insight on life. I am so grateful that the Lord tries his children for their own strengthening!

Sunday I was greatly blessed! I have a new companion. Elder Rouse broke his foot/ankle two weeks ago. His district left today. He has to stay until November. So Elder Rouse is my new companion. It is already going great. We had an amazing companion study today! Yesterday was kinda crazy, having to move his stuff and saying goodbye to his district (most left yesterday evening). Then this morning we had to wake up at 4 am to take his old companion to the travel office. I am really looking forward to this new companionship. We both want to be obedient to the rules and work hard! Today i even get to go to Babylon! (leave mtc campus) Elder Rouse had a dr. appointment.

Last Monday i went to the travel office. They said there's 99% chance I'll be in provo for all of my mtc time. They said they'd tell me when my visa gets here. no news yet.

Well that's all for now. Keep the faith. Remember our Savior always.

Love,
elder buchkovich

No comments:

Post a Comment