Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Still in the Provo MTC

After reading mom's sad letter about Aunt Mary, I can't remember all that I was going to say today. But i'll just start typing and we'll see.

I got my shoes from mom finally!!! I was so sure my visa would come last week b/c i said, "by the time i get that package, i'll be leaving for spain." i got the package, but no visa. oh well. there's always this week!

Tuesday we had a really amazing LGM (large group meeting, it's when several zones meet for a lesson on teaching once a week). It was about the Message of the Restoration. The teacher had us do this activity where we had to picture living in the time of Christ's earthly ministy. We were to picture him teaching on a hill, then we were to imagine making eye contact and him stopping his lesson and walking over us. then we were to imagine Him giving us an intimate, loving blessing. Then we were to imagine seeing Christ a week later. He still smiles at us, but down at us from the cross. Then we were to imagine the great apostasy and then our own personal "darkest hour" in life. He turned of the lights. Next he had us think of how the Restored gospel has blessed our life. I don't think I've ever been in a room with that many young 19 and 20 year old boys/men sniffling and holding back tears. It was really touching. I am so grateful for our Savior and his Restored gospel!

My companions and I have started practicing teaching a lot more. Our old teacher, Hermano Patten is our "progressive investigator." THis week we converted to teaching every lesson in Spanish. I did not know the definition of hard until I tried teaching a lesson in another language that I'm still learning!

I can't believe I'm halfway done at the MTC. I'm kind of sick of it here and just want to get out in the field and start teaching!!! however I am also scared out of my mind. i don't think i'll ever be ready to hold up a conversation with a native spaniard!

Well that's all for now.

Love,
Elder Buchkovich

No comments:

Post a Comment