Monday, March 12, 2012

Adeu Catalunya

¡Hola!

Sadly after 6 months the time came for me to leave Granollers. I will always love that ward! I just love the people there so, so much. It was really sad to leave. I can not even express how much I love Granollers.

Not only have I left Granollers, I have left Catalunya completely. I am now in Burgos. Clear on the other side of Spain! It is the only city in the province of Castilla y Leon that is in our mission. We are right on the border with the Madrid mission. It is weird not seeing everything written in Catalan. I will miss Barcelona/Catalunya a lot!

Elder Arce and I witnessed so many great miracles during our last week together. I wish we had had more than one transfer together. Anyway, recently Presidente Hinckley made us a promise about finding someone in our area book who is ready for baptism. I really love it when he makes specific promises to the mission. Miracles always follow. And we found several great miracles in the area book! I thought I had met every single antiguo investigator in Granollers, but I was wrong. After searching through the area book we found several potential people. On Thursday, after a visit fell through we decided to pass by one of these antiguos. He is a 16 year old boy named Ricky. When he answered the timbre, he was super excited to let us in. We had a powerful lesson, during which he told us how he missed the feelings he had back when he was meeting with the missionaries. He accepted to prepare for baptism on the 17th of March. His mother also has interest in listening to us (also as Presidente promised.) The Lord always complies with promises made by Him/his servants!

¡Hasta luego!

Love,
Elder Buchkovich

No comments:

Post a Comment