Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Elder Sergio Lucero

¡Hola!
 
What a wonderful week! It has been an amazing experience returning to Valencia. People actually remember me! There are members that remember me, whom I do not remember! haha. It is crazy....little babies that I knew are running around, talking. I cannot believe it!!!
 
The Lord´s timing is amazing! I arrived in Valencia on Tuesday. And on Thursday Sergio, my first baptism, received his call to the Misión España  Málaga. It was one of the happiest moments of my mission!! It is so wonderful to know that he still so strong in the Gospel. He has so much faith. His family is going through so many trials. Some people are telling him to stay home. But he knows God will bless his family, and that this is the best thing he can do for his family. He is going to see so many miracles. I am so excited for him!
 
I am writing late (in the mission office) because we had zone leaders´ concilio today. It was amazing! I learned so much from President. It was super spiritual. The mission really is something special. I am so grateful to be out here. I can not even express myself when it comes to talking about how amazing the mission is. I love it so much!!!
 
There are way too many miracles in Valencia. One that especially strikes me happened with Jorge, who was baptized this weekend. It really shows the power of the priesthood and faith. Jorge had his baptismal interview on Thursday. After the interview he told us that he had been smoking that morning and asked us for a blessing. After the blessing he confidently told us that he would never smoke again. Later we found out that as I anointed him with oil, he felt an energy like electricity go through his body, starting from his head. After the blessing he threw away his cigarettes and has not smoked a single one since. The priesthood is real. Miracles really happen through the priesthood when we are worthy and have faith!
¡Hasta luego!
 
Love,
Elder Buchkovich

No comments:

Post a Comment