Monday, April 9, 2012

My Easter Snow Curse

¡Hola!

For as long as I can remember we have always had snow on Easter weekend. The first nice Easter in Cleveland in a long time was when I was at BYU, where it snowed. Then finally I thought that at least in Spain I would have two Easters without snow. Well I was wrong! Last year it was a nice Easter. BUT this year it snowed all morning Saturday. Another Easter weekend with snow. No matter where I am for Easter it always snows!!! haha. oh well.

I really LOVE Easter!! I just love celebrating the resurrección of our Lord Jesus Christ! He lives!!! It is a lot more special, now that I have such a deeper understanding of the Atonement. He suffered so that we don´t have too. Cualquier illness, pain, problem, etc. that we have, He suffered already so that He could comfort and help us (Alma 7:11-13). He payed the price for our sins and weakness, and all he asks of us are few simple things such as being baptized by the proper authority and keeping the commandments. His infinite amor for us is increible!

Nancy is one of our big miracles from this past week. About two weeks ago, in the middle of the night, we received two missed calls from her. Her number was saved in our phone, but neither of us knew an investigator named Nancy. So we excitedly called her back the next day. When we called she was quite confused as to how we had her number. When we told her that she had called us, she said, "I could not have called anyone last night. I was sleeping!" Nonetheless she agreed to come to our baptism that weekend. She could not stay for conference after the baptism, but agreed to a visit this past Tuesday. At the visit we learned more about Nancy. When she was a young girl in Peru her parents always wanted to be baptized but never did. For a time the missionaries even lived in her house! She has always known she needs to be baptized and is now set on being baptized here in Burgos! We still do not know how her phone called us (we suspect her dog), but somehow Heavenly Father provided a way for the missionaries to find one of His lonely daughters in need of the Gospel.

The mission really does prepare one for life. Right now I am learning how to search for a new piso. It is quite fun. Although we spent our entire preparation day looking at pisos. = /

¡Hasta luego!

Love,
Elder Buchkovich

No comments:

Post a Comment