Sunday, January 22, 2012

449

¡Hola!

I hope you all enjoyed Christmas! I certainly enjoyed this year a lot more than the previous!! haha This year with full health, I enjoyed all the food and traditions of Catalunya....I am really going to miss turró. And of course the call home was delightful!

The mission goal this year was 450 baptisms (and confirmations). Yesterday was the last Sunday of the month, thus it was the last Sunday of the year that someone could get confirmed. We sadly did not reach our goal. In the year 2011, 449 children of God were baptized and confirmed in the church of Jesus Christ. One short!

The members continue to impress me and always bring miracles. For example in a visit with an investigator there were two members present. They practically taught the entire lesson, covering every point that my companion and I had felt inspired to share. They bore strong testimonies and the Spirit was really strong. It felt more like a lesson with missionaries present than a lesson with members present. Then in another lesson with a recent convert family, we took our ward mission leader and his wife. Our ward mission leader wants to be more active in teaching recent converts (as Preach my Gospel says) so he offered to share a message. For the first time in weeks, this recent convert family came to church!

Seeing as I called home last night...instead of writing a lot and repeating everything that I said yesterday, I will send some pictures and try to catch up a bit.

¡Hasta luego!

Love,
Elder Buchkovich

¡Feliz Año Nuevo!

No comments:

Post a Comment