Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Elder Arce

¡Hola!

Well another 6 weeks have passed. For the first time in my mission I will have at least 6 months in an area. I will stay in Granollers!! I am really excited. It is a great ward. I am sad though. My "hijo" was transferred to a ward in Barcelona. He is such a great missionary. I am so proud of him. I was quite surprised to hear who my new companion is. It is Elder Arce! I knew him as "Camilo" before his mission. He lives in Tarragona, but for some reason was called to the Barcelona Mission. He helped us out quite a lot when we were teaching Yessi. and now he is my companion. how fun!!!! we are so excited!! he has been in the mission for only 3 months now, but is already a maquina!

This week we created the Ward Mission Plan for 2012 with our ward mission leader. We were using the plan from the last two years as our guide. When we were determining the goal for total baptisms we decided to just leave it at what the old goal was before. However after moving on, I felt that we need to return and reset the goal. Thus I suggested that we pray. After praying, all three of us (our ward mission leader, my companion, and I) felt that this goal was not what the Lord has in mind for this area. With the help of the Holy Ghost we set a new goal for baptisms. Planning and goal setting is a lot easier and better when we include the Lord.

¡Hasta luego!

Love,
Elder Buchkovich

ps. I still have a lot of time left in the mission. It is waaay too early to start talking about life after the mission. I would prefer to keep talk on this subject to a minimal. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment